Considering Australia’s sparse and widely distributed population and its global location, logistics play an important part in our environmental policy in the Green House Challenge. They must be efficient, provide cost-effective solutions whilst at the same time meet standards of environmental and social responsibility.
Golden Group of Companies is committed to operating in an environmentally responsible manner whilst providing value-added, cost-effective and competitive facilities and services for their customers and carriers. Wherever reasonably practicable, Golden Group of Companies will develop environmental programs to reflect their different operations that comply with strict environmental standards. They undertake to ensure that all operations are carried out in a manner that minimizes environmental impacts and prevents pollution whilst also adopting a philosophy of a continuous improvement approach to their responsibilities.
In meeting the aims of this Policy, Golden Group of Companies will develop and maintain environmental policies, and have practices in place, that, wherever practical, seek to achieve the following:
Planning, Operations & Development
- Pursue a direction which is ecologically sustainable and viable, and conducted according to high standards of environmental performance in order to protect the environment for future generations.
- The discontinuation of old or obsolete procedures which have a negative impact on the environment.
Use of Resources
- The Golden Group incentivizes its independent carriers to utilize cleaner burning fuels for the purpose of running their vehicles.
- Uses recycled material where possible including in our marketing material.
- Use resources and consumables in an efficient manner and maximizing our use of previously purchased/produced products. e.g. energy, fuel, gas, paper, and water.
People and Communication
- Work cooperatively, share outcomes and communicate openly and honestly within our community and its stakeholders;
- Communicate this Policy and ensure awareness of responsible environmental management by staff, carrier’s, customers and the community;
Golden Group of Companies is committed to the spirit and intent of this policy and it will be reviewed on an annual basis.